Parish Records state that a school teaching the Catholic religion existed on the Major Street site before 1850. In 1963, St Bede’s Senior Boys’ School moved to our present site on Bishopton Road and their old school in Newtown was converted to a primary school for St Bede’s parish. A year later, in 1964, the St Mary’s Senior Girls moved from Major Street to a new school on the same Bishopton Road site. In 1972 both schools came together as an 11-16 mixed comprehensive school under the name of Our Lady & St. Bede. Over the last 43 years Our Lady & St. Bede continued to be a much loved school, becoming an Academy and part of the Carmel Education Trust in February 2015.
Our Lady and St Bede is a voluntary aided Roman Catholic school in Stockton-on-Tees. We are always pleased to extend a warm welcome to visitors to the school.